Winsor & Newton Cotman Short Handle Watercolor Brush 5-Pack (Round 0, 2, & 6, Rigger 1, One Stroke 1/2")
About "Winsor & Newton Cotman Watercolor Brushes"
These golden synthetic hair brushes are among the most advanced produced anywhere in the world today. By blending varying thicknesses of hair, Winsor & Newton has achieved the three most important qualities sought after by the artist. The thicker fibers contribute strength and spring while the thinner fibers improve color holding capcity—together they retain a perfect point for rounds and a perfect edge for flats. All brushes with nickel plated seamless ferrules attached to metallic blue wooden handles.
- Series 111 Rounds - These brushes have large bellies to produce both wash and fine line stokes.
- Series 222 Designer's Rounds - These brushes are great for linear work because of their extra long hairs.
- Series 333 Riggers - These long thin round brushes are great for very detailed linear work, such as grass and telephone wires.
- Series 666 One Stroke - The long hair in these brushes makes it easy to produce crisp edges for washes and straight strokes.
- Series 667 Angles - The angle on this series of brushes is great for flowers, leaves, small corners and sweeping wash strokes.
- Series 668 Filberts - These sophisticated brushes combine the control of a One Stroke with the softer edge of a round.
- Series 777 Aquarelle - These brushes come equipped with a clear lucite handle for burnishing and scraping.
- Series 888 Fans - These fan brushes are popular for dry brush techniques like stippling, feathering grass, or hair effects.
- Series 999 Mops - These dome-shaped large brushes are great for expressive strokes and washes.
- Wash Brushes - These large brushes are great for background washes and large patches of color.